Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Review: Rimmel Glam'Eyes Day 2 Night Mascara

So I'm guilty of using two different mascaras. I usually use Maybelline Lash Stiletto on my lower lashes, and Maybelline Colossal Volume Express on my upper lashes. I love having thick upper lashes and super long lower lashes. Well I was almost out of both of them which prompted a visit to the drug store. I had my usual two in my hand and was headed for the counter as my eyes fell on a lovely display of a tiny pink and black bottle.

The Promise: One bottle, two different looks.

The Reality: It actually works!

So lets break it down really quick.  The bottle has two caps and one brush. The Volume brush is the black cap and lets plenty of mascara cover the brush. For length you unscrew the pink cap and pull it through the black cap which prevents a great deal of mascara from coating the brush. So far, I haven't had any smudging or running, and the mascara seems to last the whole day. 

As far as the negatives, it seems that MAC put out an identical concept a few months ago, and it doesn't build on itself very well (I'd say two coats tops.)
So. 
Quality: 4/5 Could layer better but lasts a long time
Concept: 3/5 Its brilliant, but MAC did it first
Price: 5/5 Its the same price as one of the two different mascaras I usually use and about $9 cheaper than the MAC version
Overall:  4/5

Final vote? I definitely will buy again and would recommend it.



No comments:

Post a Comment