Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Quick Review: New Lady Gaga Album



So on May 23 the new Lady Gaga album came out. I immediately went and purchased the Special Edition. Before you say anything, yes I like Lady Gaga. Get over it.

The tracklist is as follows:

1. Marry The Night
2. Born This Way
3. Government Hooker
4. Judas
5. Americano
6. Hair
7. Scheiße
8. Bloody Mary
9. Black Jesus ✝ Amen Fashion
10. Bad Kids
11. Fashion Of His Love
12. Highway Unicorn (Road To Love)
13. Heavy Metal Lover
14. Electric Chapel
15. The Queen
16. Yoü And I
17. Edge of Glory
DISC NUMBER TWO
1. Born This Way (Country Road Version)
2. Judas (DJ White Shadow Remix)
3. Marry The Night (Fernando Garibay Remix)
4. Scheiße (DJ White Shadow Mugler Remix)
5. Fashion Of His Love (Fernando Garibay Remix)

So what did I think? Well, since its Gaga I expected more than a few WTF moments and I wasn't disappointed. The first came with Government Hooker. I don't always to expect to understand what I'm listening to, but I can usually tolerate it. So why is this a WTF? It just doesn't work in my head. I don't like the electronics and I don't like the intro. Who knows, maybe its a fantastic song, but for me I don't understand.

Surprisingly, Government Hooker was my only real WTF. There were a few songs that were just alright, such as Americano, Black Jesus, Bad Kids, and Heavy Metal Lover. The remixes were pretty weak as well.

Now as for the songs I loved? Obviously Born This Way is one of my favorites, as well as Hair, Bloody Mary and Judas. I also loved Electric Chapel, You and I, and Edge of Glory.

So over all, it was a good album with very few serious blunders and more than enough fantastic tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment